Dana's Go-to for a Healthy, Fresh and Light Summer Eats
Dana has worked with me now for a couple years, and I love her outlook on everything, especially cooking! Today she shares her favorite healthy go-to summer recipe when she's in the mood for something fresh ... Even the prep board looks perfect enough for me!
Pro Tip: If a wrap isn't your thing, feel free to add all ingredients on top of a pile of greens for the same great flavors in salad form!
Download Dana's Thai Spring Roll Wrap Recipe card now
- Rice Wrappers (or substitute for collard leaves, leaf lettuce, or any other type of “wrap”)*
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ cucumber, cut into small matchsticks
- ½ avocado
- ½ red pepper, cut into small matchsticks
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey, or coconut nectar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 fresh squeezed lime
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
First make the sauce by blending all the ingredients in a blender. Set aside.
If using rice wrappers, soak them in cold water until soft (about 10-15 seconds).
Remove wrapper from water, add a dollop of sauce in the middle, then carefully pile your cut ingredients inside. Wrap, dip and enjoy!